If you use Nextcloud (Owncloud) and you login into the Admin Panel the Updater display you that your Setup is outdated,
you MUST handle as follows to PREVENT System Problems:
- Do FULL-BACKUP the Server Setup before you CHANGE something!
- Pre-Check Nextcloud Version dependency‘s of PHP-Version and MYSQL Version! Cause Nextcloud offers NO System PRECHECK or Auto-Stop!
- Login into the Server via SSH Console and go to the /var/www/nextcloud folder.
sudo -u www-data php /var/www/nextcloud/updater/updater.phar
- Read Upgrade Echos on Console
- Advantage the Console-Version is mostly faster and more stable than the browser!
- Relogin as Admin to the Nextcloud Panel!
- In 99% of Problems the PHP-Version with PHP-Modules is not compatible to the NEW nextcloud like version 20+ Package!
- On Ubuntu LTS Bionic for example PHP is 7.4 but nextcloud needs 8.0+ !! You must manual upgrade PHP to 8.0+ by external (insecure) Sources!
sudo apt install -y software-properties-common sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ondrej/php sudo apt update sudo apt install php8.0 sudo apt install php8.0-cli php8.0-fpm php8.0-bcmath php8.0-curl php8.0-gd php8.0-intl php8.0-mbstring php8.0-mysql php8.0-opcache php8.0-sqlite3 php8.0-xml php8.0-zip