On 2017, March 31th the official Release End of Version 5 is reached. This also touches SME Server Version 8.1.
- If you use this you must now upgrade the Webserver to the next Version.
- Checkout which last version offers latest Options like PHP7, MYSQL 6 ..more
- Checkout that you current Content PHP Kits Support the new OS Options (PHP7)
- As Remark you should do at first a FULL BACKUP of your DATA!! see here
- Save manual the /etc folder to Backup, dump crontabs and firewall settings! (ufw)
- Setup a fresh OS if you are not a Professional Admin cause to prevent old Config Files wasting the OS!
- Restore all Backups, set crontabs, set firewall settings
- Check the new OS with hardening default linux tools like “nmap”, “arp-scan” or “systat” .. more
- Check daily the Logs of the OS, auth daemons, Webserver Logs, Database Logs.. all Services you installed!
- If you run into problems “white pages”, checkout the PHP5 to PHP7 Release Change Notes and Changes
- Backup the fresh OS again..
..enjoy the new Webserver Setup..